87 Cutlass Salon info

Status
Not open for further replies.

455bober

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2018
I may be buying an 87 Cutlass Salon this week or next and just thought I would see if any one had any things I should look for when I get it home to check it over on my lift ? I know the person I'm buying it from and he's going to bring it over so I can give a good look ALL AREAS ! He purchased it new in 87 and has stored it in the winter mos. since new Oct. thru May inside ( He had it on 4 wooden blocks when I went and looked at it ).He's made all repairs and scheduled service as needed . He is going to bring it by so I can get a look at the under side and we're going to talk more on price . He and I both are a little mixed on price but we agreed that the ones we have seen on the market for sale has been priced abit hi and some seemed low so we are talking about midway . He does have about 80,000 on it and the only added options is he had an aftermarket moon roof installed by a local reputable shop and he added a spoiler on it . Very nice condition with a few little dings but all paint and interior excellent condition . Pretty much all the options that was available or close to all . It does have a small 8 . Any input would help !!! Thanks

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Check for rust in the floors doors and rear frame rails. Broken body mounts in the rear of the frame are also common. Rear bumpers and the support behind it are also quite prone to rust due to dirt being kicked up in between them and holding moisture. Common sense applies looking for potential issues oil leaks, condition of fuel and brake lines, worn suspension parts like bushings, steering linkage, balljoints ect. Also the aftermarket sunroof is a big hit on potential resale value and will be a huge headache if it leaks or the glass needs replacement. Myself I would most likely stay away from it based on the aftermarket hole in the roof alone.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
When he brings it by you should take some pictures and post them on here.
Is the aftermarket moon roof power?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

455bober

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2018
I'm real sure it is , he wouldn't put any low cost items in it ! I'm not sure if I am able to put pics on here yet but we'll see !!! Thanks

455bober

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2018
I actually have a Pontiac 455 (462) just about ready for the dyno but not sure yet if that'll work out !!!

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I actually have a Pontiac 455 (462) just about ready for the dyno but not sure yet if that'll work out !!!
giphy.gif

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Is it a vinyl top car? There is all sorts of ugly that can hide under there.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It would need Pontiac 301 G body mounts, motor and frame. It would bolt up to your trans but the 2004R would need major upgrades, assuming it isn't the 200C 3 spd. That still leaves the 7.5" explosion out back.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor