87 Cutlass Salon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
True enough and realize if you pay too much you are married to that car or take a loss down the road. I paid $3000 for my 88, now it would have been $1000 or walk away, I paid way too much. The vinyl top is a killer for me as well. Seeing what was under mine and others on here makes me hate them even more.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I know around here 95% of the Cutlasses I see for sale have a half vinyl and I got lucky that my Monte was an aftermarket one that was finished and painted underneath but after being on this forum and seeing the major destruction they can cause and also hide so well I just scroll past them now, besides I think they take away from the "sportiness" of the car. IMO

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
I'm with a lot of the others, it's really nice but it's not $9500 nice. After all it is still just a Cutlass if it was a 442 in the same condition then mabey it'd be worth that kind of coin. To me the big deductions are the vinyl top and that wonky spoiler, its not like you could take just take it off without having to fill the mounting holes and repaint the whole decklid.

Reactions: 1 user

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
I picked up this 88 classic with buckets for 4K

88 olds.jpg

88 old 2.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor