BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Finished up drilling holes in the ecu panel. I was originally gonna paint it, but once the dash goes in nobody will see it. RKTPWRD suggested using a scotch brite on it. So with that being a much more efficient idea I gave it the "olds cool" treatment.
I have to pick up some hardware tomorrow and hopefully get it installed tomorrow night.
20191110_221530.jpg
20191110_222832.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Are you mounting it low on firewall?
It's mounting on the inside of the firewall. I had previously had an MSD 6AL box, a couple relays and a fuse block there, but now it will be the LS stuff.
Basically I have a plate welded in with studs welded to it that are pointing in, then I have the normal HVAC delete plate bolted from the outside.

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright guys, here is the so called finished product. Everything feels secure and hopefully the 4 little machine screws do their job, they do have some blue thread locker on them for extra insurance.
I'm glad to have this done, been bugging me for awhile. There are a few wires from the harness that need solid connections (I was chasing gremlins back yonder), but those are no biggie. Here y'all go....
20191111_235707.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Did you use stock holes to run wires to engine compartment or drill new ones? Enquiring minds need to know. lol

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Did you use stock holes to run wires to engine compartment or drill new ones? Enquiring minds need to know. lol
No. I had a hole drilled dead center behind the intake from the previous EFI setup. I just had to enlarge it for the LS harness. Essentially the main bulk of the harness resides inside, the only visible part in the engine bay is for the connections to the engine. I'll look to see if I have a decent pic, if not I'll snap one this evening.

Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Still looks wrong. After you finish it and tune it, I again implore you to rid yourself of such shoddy workmanship and quality and sign the title over to me IMMEDIATELY (once tuned, of course) so you won't have to go through life regretting all you did to that car. I'll even come and pick it up and haul it away.

:)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor