BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Ha, yeah I should go ahead and buy my grave plot beforehand.
But all the overspray will stick to the plastic. Get it all cleaned up before she gets home and then burn up a bag of popcorn in the microwave, BAD. It will cover your tracks smell wise.:sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm off the rest of the week, and unfortunately it's cold, windy and raining so not sure what I'll get done. However, I took the brackets out, sprayed them real quick, then brought them inside to let them cure properly. They look better now, but if the wife came home she'd be pissed lol...
Something to think about,all the smaller parts (shy of a bigger body part)i blast and in this weather i warm with small handheld torch over them.that way the part get some heat and it burns off any contaminants.especially with the blasted ones they're to rough to wax and grease. Go straight to seal/paint.next time your scrambling outside with parts a light wave with the torch might buy you a little time and some free paint adhesion in the process

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Ha, I just realized that other than adjusting the altitude on the Cutlass, my suspension is done! Who woulda thought a junkyard sway bar swap would be legit...and in total maybe $70 invested.

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Ran to my local metal supermarket so I could get a small sheet of aluminum to work on the ECM mount. They had a perfect piece in the scrap bin and I was out the door for $5!!!
Got the template transferred, went nextdoor to the fab shop a d the neighbor trimmed it down real quick with some HF electric shears. I grinded it down to where I need it. Obviously still needs some holes drilled but this should work out swell!
20191109_133338.jpg
20191109_144212.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Been chipping away at this mount panel. Got the idea for fastening the ecu bracket squared away, then had to triple check measurements for the hole locations to hold it to the firewall. Nailed it....
20191109_203456.jpg
20191109_205547.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
With the weather being super nice today, I had to get something productive done outside. The long dreaded driver side wheelwell has been getting attention as I've hit it with 220 and almost done with 320. Have to spot putty a few areas, then block in 400 and 600 but that'll have to wait.

It was more imperative to paint since the bottom is gonna fall out of the temp the next few days!!! So instead of testing out the SEM texture coating I just went for it! I taped off most of the gauge surround, and used Donovan's tip of doing a blend repair to get the area tackled. The first couple coats were applied really light to get the feel of it, then I laid down heavier coats, untaped some of the area and blended it out the best I could think to do it!
I think it looks awesome, hard to get the real feel in the pics, but I might hit the edges with a grey scuff pad to ensure the blend is seamless before color coat. Thanks again Donovan for sharing your knowledge, it saved the day!
20191110_164647.jpg
20191110_164722.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice job, Scott.
The texture coating came out nice as well. (y)

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor