BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
That's a nice looking trans pan. Could you post a depth pic with it beside the stock pan when you get it off?

Did you get extra center support and forward clutch bolts? They don't come with the Transgo kit, or are you going to dig into it really deep like I did?

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
That's a nice looking trans pan. Could you post a depth pic with it beside the stock pan when you get it off?

Did you get extra center support and forward clutch bolts? They don't come with the Transgo kit, or are you going to dig into it really deep like I did?
Will do Duke. I think online it shows the pan is something like 3-3/4" deep.
Naw, I'm just gonna do the kit. I don't plan on digging into it....it's a known good trans with clean fluid.

Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Will do Duke. I think online it shows the pan is something like 3-3/4" deep.
Naw, I'm just gonna do the kit. I don't plan on digging into it....it's a known good trans with clean fluid.

If I didn't need to change the output shaft on mine I would do the same, don't fall into the "while I'm in here" trap. 👍

Can't wait to see it!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
If I didn't need to change the output shaft on mine I would do the same, don't fall into the "while I'm in here" trap. 👍

Can't wait to see it!
Hahahahaaaaaaa, I guess you missed the original reason for me doing a resto. It started out as a suspension upgrade to add parts I had sitting around. Next thing ya know, "while we were there" the vinyl top got removed...a week or two later the damn thing was stripped down!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I unexpectedly got done with work WAY early today, so I had set a goal for myself before I had to pick my girls up at 5:30 and that was to have the engine bolted in place! I got started cleaning up the garage around 2:15, and then hammered down!!!!
I had to move some stuff around, then got some help from my neighbor to pull the hood and lower the LS into place. As usual, I had to fight with one of the engine bolts, but got it done right on time to clean up shop and get the girls!!
The engine is braced, well sorta, and I hope to get the 80E on the stand tonight so I can get the shift kit done to it maybe this week. The intake is just sitting there, mainly because it looks cool. Here y'all go.....
20190107_170456.jpg
20190107_170513.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor