BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I hate you. Haha. No I don’t. That setup is going to be killer and nice score on that alt. If I wasn’t such a purist I’d get me some LS power like maybe a 6.2 or similar. Nice progress!

Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I have been wanting to post my ride on here for awhile now and, well, here it is. This is my 87 cutlass supreme that I've had for 14 years now....it has been through several transformations over the years going from the olds 307 to a sbc 355...then upgraded to efi about 8 years ago. But when i was planning some suspension upgrades in dec of '10 but brother n law decided to make a rash decision and kick the already rusting qp into a huge hole that the redo began! I hope everybody enjoys and please leave feedback i value the g body opinion!
87 Cutlass supreme, full body off resto including new qp's, roof skin, rockers, and driver side floor. Frame and underbody coated in por15 chassis cote black back in 2011, new prothane body bushings, bmr suspension front & rear. Sbc 355 with custom tuned holley efi stealth ram, 58mm tb, custom intake tubing.....the list goes on and on View attachment 44108 View attachment 44110 View attachment 44111 View attachment 44109
Beautiful workmanship!!

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I hate you. Haha. No I don’t. That setup is going to be killer and nice score on that alt. If I wasn’t such a purist I’d get me some LS power like maybe a 6.2 or similar. Nice progress!
That made me laugh, thanks! I really want this damn thing running for LS fest at the home of Holley in Bowling Green, KY.
I considered dumping the LS for a 455 BBO, but Ive got too much tied up already. Now off to hunt for a decent aluminum dual pass radiator that doesn't require me selling my kids.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Beautiful workmanship!!
Thank you!!! I have a hint of OCD I believe which has caused this project to spiral outta control over the years. It was supposed to be a suspension upgrade, and here I am 7 years later being meticulous with the layout and scheme of a body off resto. It will be done enough to enjoy eventually!

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
LOL!! I can totally relate to that "OCD" ...I have it so bad, i don't tell people I have OCD, but that I have a touch of normalcy lol. Well you are doing really beautiful work and it shows! Its always is noticeable at shows who has taken the time and who hasn't, it will certainly pay off with all the compliments you will surly be getting!! :)

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
LOL!! I can totally relate to that "OCD" ...I have it so bad, i don't tell people I have OCD, but that I have a touch of normalcy lol. Well you are doing really beautiful work and it shows! Its always is noticeable at shows who has taken the time and who hasn't, it will certainly pay off with all the compliments you will surly be getting!! :)
One of my goals/challenges with this LS nonsense is to make the engine not so ugly! In stock form the truck engine is just plain hideous....I think I'm on the right track so far, and with the accessory drive it has a hint of old school SBC style.

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Thank you!!! I have a hint of OCD I believe which has caused this project to spiral outta control over the years. It was supposed to be a suspension upgrade, and here I am 7 years later being meticulous with the layout and scheme of a body off resto. It will be done enough to enjoy eventually!

It's not OCD, it's "while I'm here..." syndrome!

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
One of my goals/challenges with this LS nonsense is to make the engine not so ugly! In stock form the truck engine is just plain hideous....I think I'm on the right track so far, and with the accessory drive it has a hint of old school SBC style.
Well, you nailed it, because that engine bay looks INCREDIBLE!! GREAT JOB!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
As I mentioned in the other thread, I ordered a Champion LS swap radiator from Jegs. Several of you guys have Champion rads, Jared's brother Sean has this identical unit in his Camaro with nothing but praise which made it good for me. Looks like it's getting drop shipped so not sure on an eta yet.
Screenshot_20190301-191258.png

Also, with this unit you have to order the inlet/outlet fittings separately which blows because Champion is proud of their fittings at $35-40/each!!!!! After relentless hunting on the web I came across a place called Drag Race Solutions. They have what look to be the same identical fittings, but for only $18/each!!! (Champion could likely be buying from these guys and marking it up). Needless to say I ordered them earlier and save $40.
Champion fitting on top, Drag Race Solution on bottom....
Screenshot_20190303-133753.png
Screenshot_20190303-162935.png

I hope to have more parts in by end of week.... I'm getting my motivation back knowing that the to-do/to-get list is dwindling!!!

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor