BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
She's coming together nicely Scott! Car looks great in the sun! Awesome color choice!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Small update guys. I had a couple hours to tinker with the Cutlass today, so I managed to dig out the door glass from safe storage and get them installed. Now I have to figure out to hotwire the window motors to raise the glass, but that'll be after the weatherstripping is on.

Anyways, I'm glad to have all the glass in finally and here are a couple pics.... View attachment 84349 View attachment 84350
Those windows are just a power and ground on 2 terminals run 12 volts and they go if it goes the wrong way just reverse polarity for the other Direction I do it at work all the time with a booster pack and 2 picks

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Those windows are just a power and ground on 2 terminals run 12 volts and they go if it goes the wrong way just reverse polarity for the other Direction I do it at work all the time with a booster pack and 2 picks
That's kind of what we figured Eric. Thanks for the tips. I figure a 20V drill battery would do the trick.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Oh yeah, I brought home the door wiring conduit?? to clean up the 30 years of schmutz! Nothing too crazy, just a good soaking in some hot soapy water and a nylon brush did the trick! Now I just need to put some rubber protectant on them and re install.

Before:
20180311_173705.jpg

The Schmutz:
20180311_201103.jpg

After:
20180311_210529.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
After debating on what to do with my jacked up spoiler, I had decided to hunt a factory unit down. Low and behold, Donovan sent me a pic of one for sale on here! It took a week due to needing the funds, but fellow member PBGodyfan sold me one which arrived today. I will have to tinker with it to get the fit right, and not 100% sure yet if I will have it painted as I have another idea to pursue. Paul, thanks for hooking me up, and thanks to Donovan for finding it....I would've missed it if it weren't for him!
Also, earlier I ordered one of Hutch's shirts, as well as a GN fuel tank and straps. Now to decide on which fuel pump setup I want to use for the LS....leaning towards the Racetronix unit. That also means I have an Aeromotive A1000 pump and pre filter for sale (y)!!!!
20180316_163016.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Sweet! What year Monte Carlos have the lay down spoiler? Oh and how did you make out with the windows?
Eric, I believe only the '87-'88 MC's came with the laydown style.
In regards to the windows, I haven't been out to my brother n laws yet this week to work on it. Hoping to get some time in either late tonight, or tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor