BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Lol, it's already fixed. Your memory of the temporary line is fogging your brain.
Hmm. May be. It still looked a bit short. Clamps look familiar. :) Could have been the angle of the pic. Comparing pics it does look a little longer now. Just didn't want it unexpectedly spray painting your underhood with PS fluid. Hey, if you're ok with it, I'm ok with it. Don't they have those "fake" AN fitting cover things that you could use on the return hose and sleeve it to look like an AN hose setup? Maybe that would be hokey, but just thinking out loud. Or maybe get some black hose clamps to keep it more subtle. Don't listen to me, I haven't had my coffee yet.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I might end up changing the clamps down the road, but the "hose finisher" clamps might look a bit gaudy. No worries though, the length of the hose itself is good, has plenty of room to move so there "shouldn't" be an issue.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I got after it early this morning, and have one wheelwell ready for primer. This one is drying from cleaning, time to start on the other. I'd like to be done by lunch time since it's gonna be a scorcher with the heat index. Stay tuned, I'll hopefully have another update later. Back to the damn sanding which just sucks but must be done!
20190718_092606.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I got after it early this morning, and have one wheelwell ready for primer. This one is drying from cleaning, time to start on the other. I'd like to be done by lunch time since it's gonna be a scorcher with the heat index. Stay tuned, I'll hopefully have another update later. Back to the damn sanding which just sucks but must be done! View attachment 118527
Eagerly watching. Are you rattle canning it?
We need the details brother

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I love and hate the factory style constant torque hose clamps - they are like wrestling a bear.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I love and hate the factory style constant torque hose clamps - they are like wrestling a bear.
You got that sh*t right!!! I'm not buying the special tool made to install them either. I've sorta came to the conclusion I need a different upper hose with smaller ID. But for now, more sanding :blam:

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Eagerly watching. Are you rattle canning it?
We need the details brother
Yep, they will be rattle canned, albeit expensive *ss rattle can. I'm gonna go the SEM route and do them right since I don't have the equipment to spray with a gun. I have to give a huge shout out to RKTPWRD. His knowledge has helped me a ton, and he is good at gut checking me when I'm trying to take a short cut.
I will be doing a final clean with SEM plastic and leather prep after wipe down with wax and grease remover. Next is a couple good coats of bulldog adhesion promoter. Then using SEM flexible high build surfacing primer for plastic.
I'll let the primer cure for a day or so, then sand with 400 grit to prep for color.
20190715_131829.jpg

Lastly, I'll likely be using SEM Factory Pack basecoat aerosol in black, then clearing with their 1k HS semi gloss clear which is supposed to be really good stuff and recommended for underhood use...
Screenshot_20190715-193737_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190715-142549_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm running the gates powergrip hose clamps,i know they're not for everyone but they even work on out of round applications.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor