BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Sounds good and good oil pressure.... You didn't forget to put trans fluid in, did you? Please say it aint so.... Lol

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Sounds good and good oil pressure.... You didn't forget to put trans fluid in, did you? Please say it aint so.... Lol
Ha, hell naw!!! I put almost 12 quarts in the other day. The wife keeps reminding me since Valvoline ATF smells like *ss and our house still has a scent of it floating around!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Ha, hell naw!!! I put almost 12 quarts in the other day. The wife keeps reminding me since Valvoline ATF smells like *ss and our house still has a scent of it floating around!
Excellent... I was told to put 3 gallons in her.... And I bought Valvoline also... Just filling converter with a quart or so and the garage and basement reeked !!! I don't mind but I understand your wife's complaint.... and hey you should tell her it isn't nearly as bad as rear diff fluid !!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Ok, time for an update. Pushed the car back into the garage earlier as I need the right tune.
I switched gears and got to modifying the steering wheel. It's darn near as hard as picking regular wheels, and I couldn't find exactly what I wanted in my budget...and I'm not spending $400+ on a wheel!!
That being said, I started brainstorming a few weeks back about options, ideas, etc. to have a steering wheel that would compliment my rims. Threw some ideas to RKTPWRD to see what he thought and we were on the same page! Time to customize a perfectly nice, new wheel.

I did a quick masking job at first so I could scuff the areas to be painted with a red scotch brite pad as Donovan recommended it. Unmasked, wiped down real good, then remasked with better 3M tape to ensure crisp lines. Yes, that's paper towels...had it on hand so it got used. I hit the areas with Bulldog just to ensure adhesion, then several good coats of SEM trim black.
View attachment 121240 View attachment 121241

Gotta admit, masking/unmasking sucked, but the subtle mod is just what I was looking for. The wheel is now 80% done, I have one more thing to get done next week, then I'll mount it up! Let me know what y'all think.

Oh yeah, pics.... View attachment 121242 View attachment 121243
Need a Rocket in the middle of that beeyotch.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor