87 El Camino dash replacement options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
My apologies if this thread should have gone elsewhere. I looked in the interior section (7-8 pages in?) and couldn't find anything that was an exact match for my question.

Does anyone know where we can get replacement dashes in less than 10 months (OPGI) or pay less than $1700 (and wait 4 months - Just dashes) for a re-furb job? I don't mind paying the OPGI price but the wait is too long. Trying to get my car build done and ironically this is the only item really causing me grief.

Thank you in advance for any leads or tips you can give me,

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
My apologies if this thread should have gone elsewhere. I looked in the interior section (7-8 pages in?) and couldn't find anything that was an exact match for my question.

Does anyone know where we can get replacement dashes in less than 10 months (OPGI) or pay less than $1700 (and wait 4 months - Just dashes) for a re-furb job? I don't mind paying the OPGI price but the wait is too long. Trying to get my car build done and ironically this is the only item really causing me grief.

Thank you in advance for any leads or tips you can give me,
How bad is your dash? They can be repaired & dyed/painted @ home w/some effort. Or, find another dash in better shape & dye/paint to fit your set-up.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Saw that one but trying to get a 40yr old used dash from MI to TX w/o damaging it (w/o building a crate) is quite a gamble.

Reactions: 1 users

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
Saw that one but trying to get a 40yr old used dash from MI to TX w/o damaging it (w/o building a crate) is quite a gamble.
It is. I bought one about a year ago that was destroyed by the time it got here. Looks like maybe I try and put a cap on it for now so we don't hold up the build and then replace it when I can get one from OPGI.

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
Thank you!

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
How bad is your dash? They can be repaired & dyed/painted @ home w/some effort. Or, find another dash in better shape & dye/paint to fit your set-up.
It has been recapped once already. If I am going to use this dash looks like I strip it and redo the cap. Fairly comfortable with my skills but it’s still not an ideal solution for a drive in show car

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
I am not sure about the look you are going for, but there is a gentleman in Long Beach CA that does, amazing work recovering originals. I have included a picture of his work below.

Attachments

• eduardo.jpg
    eduardo.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor