87 gbody project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2020
Hey guys im new to this whole Gbody forum thing but seems very interesting and looks like I could lean alot concerning my build. Well I now have my 3rd Gbody since I was 17 so that explains my love for em. I know have an 87 cutlass supreme I purchased for project purposes I began tearing it down with hopes of replacing the 305 wit some real 🔥... i am curious to know about the Lm7 what will all be need to change out for it to sit in the 87? Any advice would be helpful.
20200908_190847.jpg

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Welcome to the sight. Don't know if there is a reason for taking it apart as you are but it's only a matter of few bolts to remove the front clip.

frt clip.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Sep 9, 2020
Last owner had big rims so he cut the fenders and i have plans on restoring erthing else and cleaning it all up once the engine is out. The radiator was a complete mess full of muddy looking fluids.
20200908_193608.jpg

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
By the look of the radiator and the core support and overflow area, I'm guessing some sort of stop leak and possible overheat. Pull the block water drain pugs and flush the engine too.

Sep 9, 2020
Thanks but im really not interested in the engine its trash to me im just working on a heart transplant lol Im looking into replacing it with the LM7 5.3.... trying to do research on what all will be needed for it to be placed and running with the 87. Will i have to change motor mounts?

• Haha

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks but im really not interested in the engine its trash to me im just working on a heart transplant lol Im looking into replacing it with the LM7 5.3.... trying to do research on what all will be needed for it to be placed and running with the 87. Will i have to change motor mounts?
You might find a couple hundred here: https://gbodyforum.com/forums/g-body-lsx-swap/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor