87 GN 45K car from mid 14's to 12.0 for less than 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

fast86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2013
My son was able to get a bonestock 87 GN totally unmolested. He is the 4th owner. It has 45K on the clock. It is original paint, it could stand a paint job with some minor dings repaired but still looks good.

In the year he has had the car we have gone from a mid 14 sec car stock to a 12.0 @ 110 mph grocery getter without ever touching/opening the motor. I don't think many cars can claim that?

We used all used parts except for the bigger FP, Posi unit and the interior gauges. Most of the parts were from me from when I upgraded my GN. I would say if you bought all of these parts used you would spend about 2500K.

A list of what was done

Precision 53 Turbo running 22lbs of boost on 116
Precision Front Mount IC
DW300 Fuel pump Hot wired.
Adj Fuel regulator
MSD 50 lbs injectors
Open K&N with a solid MAF pipe instead of the stock hose
Turbo Tweak chip set for 93 octane
Scan Master 2.1 to watch all of the vitals.
New gauges Boost, oil and water.
Also the car was a pegleg we solved that with a new posi from Summit.
And just recently added the Centerline rims.

Attachments

• GeoffsNewRims4.jpg
    GeoffsNewRims4.jpg
    849.8 KB · Views: 582
  • GN87beforeZaino1.jpg
    GN87beforeZaino1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 534

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Great job getting into the low 12's. on a stocker. There is a few guys local to me that have gone 11.7's on a stock motor. One guy even went high 10's. My GN has went mid 12's on a advanced auto parts reman motor. Might have went faster but had a bad 2-3 slip in trans.

fast86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2013
It has a 11 sec run in her, probably with 2-3 lbs more of boost. He was running O2's in the 790-800 range we could get a tad lower and getting 1.65 sixty's on slicks with stock rear end is probably max. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor