MONTE CARLO 87 MC SS ENGINE GROUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hello, can someone help me find the engine ground on a 87 MC SS. I want to upgrade my grounds. I found a ground wire that runs from the block under the alternator to the negative battery terminal. Is that it?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Look for braided flat wires, those are the grounds you'll be looking for. Should atleast be one on the rear of the engine going to the firewall.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
yes it is.just an fyi having more than one ground on your car is money in the bank.as car guys we ground stuff everywhere we please. that continuity is like water it finds the path of least resistance to that ground that goes from the block to the battery - post to the fender.that's quite the trip.it grabs it where it can along the way.you want good flow(aka water)I'm running one from the chassis to the body,one from the engine to the frame one from the frame to the body in the rear.it's good continuity,it's cheap and easy to do.i used universal battery cables with a ring terminal on each end.

Reactions: 1 user

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA
yes it is.just an fyi having more than one ground on your car is money in the bank.as car guys we ground stuff everywhere we please. that continuity is like water it finds the path of least resistance to that ground that goes from the block to the battery - post to the fender.that's quite the trip.it grabs it where it can along the way.you want good flow(aka water)I'm running one from the chassis to the body,one from the engine to the frame one from the frame to the body in the rear.it's good continuity,it's cheap and easy to do.i used universal battery cables with a ring terminal on each end.

Yes - from what I have been researching having muliple grounds is a good thing. Thank you!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You can't really have too many grounds and upsizing is a good thing.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I have a ground from my starter to the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor