Attachments

• 1606520757811192893283335892428.jpg
    1606520757811192893283335892428.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
Reactions: 2 users

Montepit87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
Well here is an update. I am buying everything for this engine this friday. I ended up deciding the flat tappet was the way to go just due to the costs involved with a roller in a non roller block. I am truly excited to finally have this engine together and running again!

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Well here is an update. I am buying everything for this engine this friday. I ended up deciding the flat tappet was the way to go just due to the costs involved with a roller in a non roller block. I am truly excited to finally have this engine together and running again!
Nothing wrong with a flat tappet cam as long as you know and care for them properly I still used them today and have no issues with flat tappet cams zink oil is your friend use it

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Nothing wrong with a flat tappet cam as long as you know and care for them properly I still used them today and have no issues with flat tappet cams zink oil is your friend use it
You have to run them long enough to fail!:p

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
A Harbor Freight 4 in angle grinder ($9.99 on sale) would help with the bolt situation and your floor project. A little bit of patients, removal of the light and sail panels would have gotten the headliner out. Re glued mine over 15 years ago. Northern Auto has great deals on engine kits and lets you upgrade also. I've been using them over 20 years. Enough said on the heads - they were designed to be used w/o guide plates so be sure there is no interference between the head push rod and bolt in guide plate. As I said earlier "When you chose your cam make sure it complements the rest of your drive train and buy the springs for that cam and as I said earlier "Make sure they get installed at the proper install height (valve spring mic is cheap) and that your valve train geometry is right" this might entail different size push rods. Sounds like your after a performance cam so make sure you leave the second spring out during break-in.

Last edited:
  • Winner

Montepit87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
Well I ended up waiting a bit cause i bought some last minute gifts. But the good news is everthing is coming in by Thursday and I plan to put the short block together friday morning then have everything done by the end of Sunday cause thats my next day off. I am Rea;l ecited to run this engine but after I have it together I will have to find time to borrow my dads cherry picker which will chances are be a minute or two cause he has been trying to put his project cars engine in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor