87 Monte Carlo power steering hoses...need new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi-Fi

Apprentice
Oct 14, 2016
Looking to replace the power steering hoses in my v8 swapped Monte and am running into a road block. My Saginaw pump has a 5/8" 18 inverted flare connection. I believe that high pressure line goes to a 18mm 1.5 thread connection on my steering box (is this o-ring or flare?)

The low pressure hose would be an open hose on one side and I believe 16mm 1.5 on the other side (again, o-ring or flare?)

I can not find anyone who sells these hoses. Can anyone help?

Apr 11, 2019
I ordered them from there less than a month ago just enter your car, and they have low and high pressure...summitracing.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
It'll be a flare with O ring style metric fitting on the box. As Bruce said, plug your car info into the filter and go from there.
GOOGLE IS ALSO YOUR FRIEND!!!!

Hi-Fi

Apprentice
Oct 14, 2016
I've looked on google for well over an hour, those aren't correct I don't think. Plus they show like 4 hoses with no real description.

My car doesn't have the original engine and I don't believe the original pump. All of the hoses on Summit appear to be O ring on both sides, the new Saginaw pump I'm ordering is a inverted flare 5/8" 18. Those lines don't look like they'd work.

I should have been more specific, I'd really like to get some braided lines or high hoses that are not a combo hard/soft.

Hi-Fi

Apprentice
Oct 14, 2016

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Thanks Shoe. I actually just came back to this thread to update that I've decided to convert all connections, including the 5/8" inverted flare on the pump to 6an. Just looking for hoses now.

I thought I'd be able to find some pre made hoses that fit my needs, but black adapters shouldn't be too noticeable. Trying to make the engine bay look as clean as possible.
I recently built the pressure hose for my LS swap. The return line is temporary, but you should get the idea....
20190330_000752.jpg
20190330_000801.jpg

I did something similar with the 355 setup I ran previously. I used the 5/8" to 6an adapter on the pump and built the lines.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I did this. Went to a local auto parts that custom makes hoses. Bought a few fittings and a couple of pieces of the hose needed. Went home, marked the hoses where they needed to go into the fittings and took them back to be crimped. Done.

IMG_0324 (002).JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Hi-Fi

Apprentice
Oct 14, 2016
You guys have some nice setups. They look very clean. Ordered new hoses, pump, bracket etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor