CUTLASS 87 Salon - value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommytpk

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2014
I just picked up a 1987 Cutlass Salon from the original owner. I didn't want it, didn't need it, my 79 is in a million pieces, and I didn't need more distractions, but I couldn't pass it up. It runs and drives well, has t-tops, and was garaged for most of it's life, with 112K on the clock. The old man who sold it to me had a fender bender last year, and decided to sell. The driver's headlight assembly is gone, and the header panel is ripped there. There is a dent in that driver fender, but otherwise the body is in great shape. I see non-running Supremes going on Ebay for more than I paid for this car, so I'm thinking of flipping it as is and making a few bucks, or finding a euro header, headlight, and grill, knocking out the dent in the fender, and seeing if I could make a couple more bucks. It really is in great shape otherwise, with only minimal rocker rust near the quarter panel on both sides. Curious what the going rate is on these -of course I realize that it's what someone is willing to pay. Will get some pics.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
depends on many factors , first one being your location ? if your in the rust belt with a clean car $$

my 2 cents

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
That damaged euro header and headlight are major issues, as well as rust. If the tin worms got to the bottom of the door, the rear framerails are highly suspect at that point. T-tops, too? Yeah, that can get real ugly. What engine, 3.8, 305, or 307?

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I just picked up a 1987 Cutlass Salon from the original owner. I didn't want it, didn't need it, my 79 is in a million pieces, and I didn't need more distractions, but I couldn't pass it up. It runs and drives well, has t-tops, and was garaged for most of it's life, with 112K on the clock. The old man who sold it to me had a fender bender last year, and decided to sell. The driver's headlight assembly is gone, and the header panel is ripped there. There is a dent in that driver fender, but otherwise the body is in great shape. I see non-running Supremes going on Ebay for more than I paid for this car, so I'm thinking of flipping it as is and making a few bucks, or finding a euro header, headlight, and grill, knocking out the dent in the fender, and seeing if I could make a couple more bucks. It really is in great shape otherwise, with only minimal rocker rust near the quarter panel on both sides. Curious what the going rate is on these -of course I realize that it's what someone is willing to pay. Will get some pics.
The way you describe it.....$1k to $1500 around here. With no damage at all....$2500, maybe $3k on a good day.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
NADAguides logo

1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Prices and Values​

Salon 2 Door Coupe​

Values

Original MSRP
Low Retail
Average Retail
High Retail
Base Price
$12,967
$750
$1,350
$2,200

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Agree with the above value, probably even less here. Expect to pay a premium price just for the replacement Euro front parts being two years old. i paid $75 years ago for a single used grill, probably more expensive if anything now.

tommytpk

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2014
The way you describe it.....$1k to $1500 around here. With no damage at all....$2500, maybe $3k on a good day.

SD is a long way from NJ. As I said, look on Ebay, and you'll see sold Supremes at 2500-3000 that I wouldn't touch.

tommytpk

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2014
That damaged euro header and headlight are major issues, as well as rust. If the tin worms got to the bottom of the door, the rear framerails are highly suspect at that point. T-tops, too? Yeah, that can get real ugly. What engine, 3.8, 305, or 307?

Header and headlight are an easy fix, just have to find the parts. Frame rails are in great shape, and floors and trunk. It's obvious it was in a garage most of the time. 307 in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor