BUILD THREAD 87 SS, 305 is the one who knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
so last month i got motivated to start ordering parts when we got home from the smokey mountains vacation, we took my blazer it was fun and those mountain road are fantastic but a 400 hp monte would have been so much better. so parts get ordered in, old parts get yanked out.
BPmRWY4.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
Along the way deciding 400 hp and perhaps a small shot of nawsss would blow the welds on my intake we settled on dropping a 9 inch under this while we were at it. The stock 7.5 3.73 posi was liberated from its home a few days ago.
moRiyUN.jpg

and assembly began on the 9 inch quick performance got to me. the only complaint i have is that i paid 75 dollars to have stock 10 bolt adapters put on my axle so i could use the brake kit i already had. they didn't bother to and then proceeded TO CHARGE ME ANOTHER 200 DOLLARS T to get the required bits to add my brakes to the axle and they made me pay for shipping to do it . but in their defense its not like my disc brakes were stock so how would they know what ends i needed.

5ivZCz8.jpg

mencWnx.jpg

but again they made a fantastic product i got thicker wall housings fabbed housing, billet on the center section, drain and fill plugs a jack point and a few other goodies, this diff is awesome no doubt!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
here is the atk hp89m this is getting topped with a fitech unit and since i went to all that effort replacing fuel lines last year it makes sense that i would tear it all out and add a aeromotive tank with fuel injection pump in it and replace all the fuel lines again, such is life when you don't plan it out and decide one part at a time how to build the car. all future parts of this will be planned out to avoid buying things twice.
GT4m8hG.jpg

yes i know this looks like it was taken by a original motorola razr, bear with me hear it was a very hot a humid day and that phone was in my pants pocket moving this crate motor around the garage and it attracted some pocket lint. here's a pic of it from the crate motor companies site:
h0l0J2b.jpg

again i found parts i didn't like its standard capacity pan and standard volume pump so out that's going i got a baffled and windage trayed 6 qt and and a melling high pressure high volume pump. as stated before i don't like chrome so those old guy valve covers have to go, i can't decide if i want welded sheet metal ones, cast aluminum. i also opted to ditch the entire cooling system from radiator to heater core. Mishimoto radiator conti elite blue hoses, evans waterless coolant a new heater core and heater control valve a flex-a-lite black magic fan setup and a cowl hood to get all that air flowing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
holley flowtech long tubes will get the exhaust into a true dual stainless system from pypes with 02 bungs as im running fitech injection on this and i ordered a chevrolet performance serpentine belt system new brackets pulleys and pumps and all ill retain ac while i'm there cause im fat and like ac.

Started tearing the old engine apart out of boredom and i didnt want my new dog out there licking a engine block so as we were getting him soon i needed to finish this up quick. Here is the lifter valley it was filled with more metal flake than a latino paint job on a candy red 64 impala:
x50Z09O.jpg

all the bearings were spinning bad i'll post a picture of the set of con rod bearings i pulled and took to work to show ppl soon.
i removed all the main caps and none of the bearing s wanted to come off the crank the one stopped spun sideways lol.
3g7ZqtG.jpg

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
beautiful Monte, and dig the story so far! next time you go out to the smokey mountains, you'll have to check out "the tail of the dragon"at deal's gap.
postermap20031.gif

Reactions: 4 users

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I too enjoyed the tale of your MCSS adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor