Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
the new motor, i hate the valve covers
XTzn3Lq.jpg

i was unsatisfied with the stock oil pump so i ordered a bigger oil pan and a significantly higher volume oil pump to keep this baby force fed with dead dinosaurs as that's what caused the extinction of my last small block

GLWwpy1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I am glad you started a build thread. I had no idea you have done all that work to the car. I have been enjoying it so far. I almost bought that tank, but cheeped out and went with a Grand National tank. Let us know how it works out for you.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
I am glad you started a build thread. I had no idea you have done all that work to the car. I have been enjoying it so far. I almost bought that tank, but cheeped out and went with a Grand National tank. Let us know how it works out for you.

i will, my biggest beef with the fitech complete kit re-using the stock tank is i have a spectra premium tank and i swear every time i fill the car it burps fuel back cause its not properly vented, this aeromotive tank has a vent in pump and vent in tank so i hope it fixes that and the angle on the filler neck was somewhat off on the spectra tank.

Reactions: 1 user

MVP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2014
Really nice ride. What engine are you thinking of swapping in to your monte?

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I know that most of this work was done before the thread was started, but it looks like you're getting quite alot done since you started it. keep up the pace, and it'll be cruising once again!

Reactions: 1 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
We got the motor and trans in for the 2nd to last time after doing some massaging to clear the headers, and measured for the driveshaft i think im going to get the driveshaft made by a place up near detroit called shaftmasters as they were the only place that posted prices up front for materials and lengths.
got the jegs 700r4 dual hump crossmember in the bolt holes were a bit off but it was fixable.

bjoxDN7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
ance the headers and everything else was slammed in there i was glad i had decided to get rid of that factory steering shaft, i had ordered one of the jeep shafts, but i disliked the amount of modification required to the hollow firewall end it required so i canned that part and ordered the kit from detroit speed that uses borgeson joints.

xyDvbNa.jpg

the detroit speed shaft is awesome but later down the road i didn't notice one of the set screws was out a bit to far and caught on the headers and nearly mad me wreck the car on the first test drive out of the garage when we finished, when i got all the poo off my seat i went to check what happened and noticed the bolt clicking against the header. all the lil stupid things no amount of weak to wicked episodes can prepare you for is the crap like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
we got the new cowl hood from summit racing once we got all that wrapped for the day and scuffed it up and prepared it and painted the underside. top side gets done next week as we don't have a way to bake it it's gotta rest, its nearly a moot point because its getting a underhood mat just like factory put back on it but i didn't go this far to half *ss it.

DB91JuT.jpg

topside gets painted next week.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor