Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Black was only come in 78-81 from factory

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
No kidding anything darker in the 81-88 years?
Various blues over those years. Don't have my color books handy but think there are 3 different shades plus 2 for '78-'80. Some odd reason GM didn't like giving our cars black after '80. I would of rather of had black instead of dark maple.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

omegaman

n00b
Mar 7, 2014
Various blues over those years. Don't have my color books handy but think there are 3 different shades plus 2 for '78-'80. Some odd reason GM didn't like giving our cars black after '80. I would of rather of had black instead of dark maple.
Agreed I love my burgundy interior but black or a dark grey would have been slick

ck80

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 18, 2014
There's no reason you can't adapt much of a 78-80 interior to your car. And you've got other options.

Obviously some parts like the b-pillar and the upper and lower rear side panels won't work. Those you need to dye. But when you consider the cowl, floor, etc shared common sheetmetal I can't see why you can't use seats, seatbelts, carpet, dashpad etc from an early car.... IF you find nice ones.

Another option that's a direct drop in is if you like a tutone interior. Take a black dash from an early car, OR, a charcoal dash from a sandstone grey up through 1984 interior.

Then pillage a 1985 to 1987 grand national or their repop stuff. Black carpet, the lower door panels are grey plastic with black carpet. Headliner you can recover yourself.

1981-1988 cutlass and 1981-1987 regal were both a/g/j47 bodies and had the same doors.

There's lots of options to piece together. I'd suggest searching online for images of the available interiors in the various gbodies knowing the following:

For your specific cutlass purposes, the regular 2 door notchback coupes, cowl,floor,roof in common among them. B-pillars the same for 81-87/88 models. Dash at least is same in the hatchbacks, but no expert on the roof andnfloors in those. Opera windows unique to cutlass only, so upper trim panel must be cutlass. Rear package tray is common to all except changed to carpeted halfway through and was just cut by factory for 3rd brake one those added as well. You can cut one that doesn't have it and use fabric dye to darken black, fits the same. Doors were same cutlass/regal for panel purposes. All gbodies can exchange seatbelts, although, buzzer plugs may vary.

Have fun planning a mix and match puzzle after you look for things you like in the various lineups.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

ContactAdmin@GBodyForum.comfor info on becoming a sponsor