Supreme Speed Salon (87 T Top Salon build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
Bought the interior and trim from a guy in excellent condition. All I need to get now, is a new shifter, carpet and new vinyl half top.

View attachment 119129
needs a shift like this
thumbnail_20190305_234030.jpg

I have a couple of cutlass 4 speed shifters if your looking for one.
one is a stock 3 speed, with a new 4 speed detent plate that locks out 4th gear, you can just push up from 1st to 2nd and to 3rd, but you have to push the button to go up to 4th gear. Uses a Monte SS shift cable.
other is a stock 4 speed cutlass shifter.

Reactions: 1 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Making progress. Thanks for keeping us posted
Yes of course I get all my motivation from this forum. From G body of the month, to the build thread posts. Tons of useful knowledge, and lots of different visions for the platform.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I
needs a shift like this
View attachment 121732

I have a couple of cutlass 4 speed shifters if your looking for one.
one is a stock 3 speed, with a new 4 speed detent plate that locks out 4th gear, you can just push up from 1st to 2nd and to 3rd, but you have to push the button to go up to 4th gear. Uses a Monte SS shift cable.
other is a stock 4 speed cutlass shifter.
I may be interested, not sure if I want to go that route.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have mixed feelings about that. One says to ditch it, yet I feel the want to keep it also. I have a place to keep it out of the elements.
That does help. Expect a lot of rust repair with how cracked your top is. The only giveaway on my car is the missing chrome trim around the back window. Otherwise most would think it is a hard top car.

Reactions: 2 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I've seen roller rockers under stock covers plenty of times. If you insist on more clearance, you could do 3/8 rail spacers.
But, the cast aluminum ones are nice looking, too.
I think those will work thanks. All I need to do is paint them. I still want the others if they will fit but can wait. I'm anxious to get the motor in and drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor