88 Cutlass GT Limited Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
i bet it was just 1 of them dealer cars where they made it somewhat custom and called it the limited edition

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City
i saw one on ebay last year for sale so my guess would be yes. i felt the same way but seeing this car makes me believe they actually made these

Scott183

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2010
North Shore, Massachusetts
This topic was brought up recently by another memeber. I beleive it was a dealer upgrade. I think it was wheels, pinstriping, and a hood cowel add on. Looks like a cheap knockoff of a Hurst. JMO :puke:

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Its A Southern thing . A aftermarket conversion sold by dealers . Its a basic car with gt badges, 442 wheels , Nothing of note. No HP no hd suspension . Just couple badges.

Was post about 2 weeks ago about them .

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
MR442 said:
Its A Southern thing . A aftermarket conversion sold by dealers . Its a basic car with gt badges, 442 wheels , Nothing of note. No HP no hd suspension . Just couple badges.

Was post about 2 weeks ago about them .

Olds did a lot of regional "special editions" in the 1970s and 80s. As noted, these were mostly paint/stripe/decal/emblem packages with no other upgrades. There were the GMO Cutlasses for the northeast in the late 1970s, for example.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Not a topic about the 88 GT, but another special edition cutlass. Saw a 80 Cutlass "Xtreme" about 2 months ago. Had the stainless steel roof band in place of the vinal top. Same concept just different.

Anybody know if the cutlass 'Xtreme" was sold in certain places too?

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
1988 Cutlass GT's were made by a dealership in North Carolina, there were supposed to be 400 made but they only produced around 200 or so.
There is nothing special about them...

1980 Cutlasses with the stainless roof band came from the factory like that and was an option for dealerships to market them however they wanted. I believe the RPO was Y68 or something like that. Some were called the 'Edge' while some were called 'xtreme'. They were sold all over from Canada to the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor