88 cutlass supreme classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2022
I recently bought an 88 cutlass supreme classic and it’s missing the front bumper shocks which size do I need to purchase there’s 2 different sizes there’s a 6.5 and a 4.123 I believe was the other size thanks for your help

Attachments

• 3E0D490E-FC3A-4BFC-9255-B6EFF0616B0C.jpeg
    3E0D490E-FC3A-4BFC-9255-B6EFF0616B0C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 71

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
For the front bumper, your car would need absorber GM p/n 22016704 or 22018157 or aftermarket equivalent, if they even make one. Not even sure. If you find new ones, they don't come with the little rear "L" bracket that a nut holds it onto the back, and a bolt goes up through the frame to hold the rear part of it stable.

I never measured them. I normally just go by part numbers. If I get out to the shop today, I'll take one out of the box and measure it.

Reactions: 1 users
Apr 28, 2022
For the front bumper, your car would need absorber GM p/n 22016704 or 22018157 or aftermarket equivalent, if they even make one. Not even sure. If you find new ones, they don't come with the little rear "L" bracket that a nut holds it onto the back, and a bolt goes up through the frame to hold the rear part of it stable.

I never measured them. I normally just go by part numbers. If I get out to the shop today, I'll take one out of the box and measure it.
I had someone measuring a set they had on there cutlass and they measured and 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor