HELP 88 Cutlass Supreme Turn Signal out

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Any idea where to find those schematics?
Service manuals. Although some members might share their copies if you ask haha.

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
Hydroplaned the other day, hit the guardrail slow enough not to dent the body but knocked something loose in the light system. My right turn signal and left run light now don't light up. Whats the process here? Check bulbs first? Fuses? How do the lights detach so I can get in there? Where are the fuses? New to cars and have a bit of a time crunch to get this fixed so I can register her.
I would start with the fuse and then replace the bulbs, If nothing, then get out yer meter and follow the wires back to the fire wall.

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
You don't mention if this is a 88 Rear Wheel Drive Cutlass (G Body) or 88 Front Wheel Drive Cutlass (W Body) but since this is a G Body forum, I assume the former. I have 1987 RWD G Body Olds Cutlass factory wiring diagrams attached here in hopes they will help you track down your issue(s). I wouldn't think they differ much from 1987-88? If you need some other missing info, just lmk and I'll be happy to add to it.

These are taken from Section 8A of the factory service manual. I included the entire section 8A Index so if you see something else you need (for example) Power Antenna, you can ask for Sub-section 151-0.

The numbering is for each subsystem of electrical systems, (ie; 110 is Exterior Lights, then by page within numbered 0-11).

Best of luck in your diagnosis.

Section 8A Index 1987 G Body 0.jpg

Section 8A Index 1987 G Body 1.jpg

12-0 Light Switch Details.jpg

12-1 Light Switch Details.jpg

12-2 Light Switch Details.jpg

12-3 Light Switch Details.jpg

100-0 Headlights Composite.jpg

100-1 Headlights 4 Door.jpg

100-2 Headlights.jpg

100-3 Headlights.jpg

110-0 Exterior LIghts 2 Door.jpg

110-1 Exterior LIghts 2 Door.jpg

110-2 Exterior LIghts 4 Door.jpg

110-3 Exterior LIghts 4 Door.jpg

110-4 Exterior Lights Info.jpg

110-5 Exterior Lights Info.jpg

110-6 Exterior Lights Info.jpg

110-7 Exterior Lights Info.jpg

110-8 Exterior Lights Tail Rear Marker License 2 Door.jpg

110-9 Exterior Lights Tail Rear Marker License Opera 4 Door.jpg

110-10 Exterior Lights Info.jpg

110-11 Exterior Lights Info.jpg

112-0 Backup Lights.jpg

112-1 Backup Lights Info.jpg

112-2 Backup Lights Info.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
Those are much nicer than mine. What book/magazine are those drawings from ??? Jack & Oleta in Winter Haven, FL.
Factory Service Manual

These are considered "wiring diagrams," not really "schematics" as they break out all the electrical systems and link them together for individual reference. Most of the aftermarket manuals give monochrome schematics where everything is crammed into one page and difficult to read/follow.

HTH

• Love

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
Factory Service Manual

These are considered "wiring diagrams," not really "schematics" as they break out all the electrical systems and link them together for individual reference. Most of the aftermarket manuals give monochrome schematics where everything is crammed into one page and difficult to read/follow.

HTH
I'll do some research. I pulled all the wiring out of my 83 Cutlass; and have almost got the rewiring done for a street strip car, but it's been a real treat trying to get the wiring out of the Haynes manual. Thanks for your response HTH. JZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor