88 Monte Carlo Engine bay wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Just wondering if anybody knows which wires the larger gauge purple and pink wires are? Does anybody know where i can get a good wiring diagram for the engine bay in my car? 88 monte carlo SS

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
iirc the purple is the starter solenoid cable, pink are constant power to the starter, one of those pink is switched power...here is a good link:http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring.html

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Thanks for the link. I didn't know my alldata went as far back as 88 but it does so i was able to pull GM wiring diagrams.

Yeah the purple is to engage the starter. I only have one pink wire, The other two are red.

I'm pretty sure the one pink wire is to supply power to the dizzy? and is hot at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor