BUILD THREAD '88 Monte Carlo SS w/ LY6 6.0 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
Sprang for Hookers 1 7/8 in. GBody swap headers (70101506-1HKR) Overall very satisfied. Fit is very good and without interference.
sqM4c90.jpg

GiOQv11.jpg

phjZSXa.jpg

Z8sUGrm.jpg

6tivvKZ.jpg

qydL4nr.jpg

LXO1ZgD.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This is turning out great!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks for the update. Those headers look like they fit excellent. Nothing like an engineered solution.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Any updates? Hard to believe it's been 6 months.

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
Wow it has been awhile! That's why I like you G-Body guys, always keeping me on task! Been slow going between work and a chilly Chicago Spring. I have done some little stuff here and there....

Started to reinstall the front facia and wheel-wells
MZokar9.jpg

pNM5EyN.jpg

Bought a drip-tray (Exciting I know!)
VlvQ034.jpg

After I broke the first one trying to bend the arm I fabricated a bracket for the accelerator pedal to sit on.
2nFSfw9.jpg

rxVWPGc.jpg

qlEQVhO.jpg

Currently I'm starting to develop a plan for the shifter. I had bought a B&M Megashifter (80690) a long time ago and since have had a change in taste but, i have it so I'll probably just use it. Optimally I would like it to fit under the factory console. With the modified trans tunnel I may have to whip up a bracket.

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
Megashifter install update! I'm trying my best to fit this thing as cleanly as possible into the factory console. I had previously modified the trans tunnel so I fashioned me a bracket out of some scrap metal I had laying around to accommodate the shifter.

Mocking things up
7eaG7Nd.jpg

AAbeJWS.jpg

Cutting things up
6C0WnZD.jpg

KEbPLBT.jpg

ahMHdkR.jpg

Installed and cable routed to 6L90
h9PYLc2.jpg

q6tQQOR.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor