pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
turn signal relay...right bottom on fuse block

images

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Ah well i finally got around to installing the new flasher and noticed somethings wrong here. The leads to the socket where the flasher plugs into the fuse panel are gone. I i think i've seen pictures of these fuse panels with what looks like Two flashers, one at the top left corner, and one at the bottom right corner, the circular shaped socket. Either way neither spot has leads, they both just have empty plastic slots, no wires.

Whats going on here? :blam:

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Blake442 said:
Yes, there should be two...
One for the signals and one for the hazards.

Great, neither are present, and both turn signals and hazard lights come on, they just don't flash.

I honestly dont remember if the signals ever blinked since i owned the car, did any of these cars come with some kind of different setup that didn't require flashers? If not somebody before me did some hack work, and i dont even know where to start.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Maybe the flashers aren't mounted in the fuse block. In the older cars, they were just tied to a harness. Hazards work?

Looks like you'll have to get all up in the dash. Any hack work should be fairly evident at that point.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
CamaroAdam73 said:
did any of these cars come with some kind of different setup that didn't require flashers?

it was way before these cars when these signals were used.... :mrgreen:

Up_hand_light.jpg

I would pull the fuse box away for the firewall to see where to connectors went to for the hazard/flasher relay. There is a 7mm bolt in the middle of the two harnesses on the firewall in the engine bay. Remove that bolt and pull the two harnesses away from the back of the fuse box. Then you can pull the fuse box away for the firewall to take a look at the back of the fuse box.

RearTurn-Hazard-StopLight.jpg

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
I smell hack work because now that you mention it, that fuse box is already loose and i've never touched it other than to check fuses.

Yeah hazards work, they just don't blink. I'm thinking somebody just by passed the flashers for some reason.... :blam:

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Heh found the flasher panel. In my car the flashers/ some device/ and the dash speaker have their own panel.

This panel is located under the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

normal_monte.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor