88 olds interior lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel88olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2018
hello everyone, so when I open the doors the dome light goes on but the under the dash lights do not. But when I use the interior lights switch the under the dash lights go on but the dome light does not. Anyone have any ideas on why this is and how I can fix this? Thanks in advance

Angel88olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2018
Update. I cleaned the switches and still nothing. Could it be a interior lights switch issue or is it just the door jamb issue?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
As far as I know, the white wire, ground trigger is tied in at the door jamb switches and the dimmer switch as one circuit. Something may have changed when the went to the rocker style headlight switch. Unfortunately, I can only provide a general diagnosis as I'm not familiar with the later cars....

Reactions: 1 user

Angel88olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2018
As far as I know, the white wire, ground trigger is tied in at the door jamb switches and the dimmer switch as one circuit. Something may have changed when the went to the rocker style headlight switch. Unfortunately, I can only provide a general diagnosis as I'm not familiar with the later cars....
Thanks man I guess I’ll change out the door jamb switches and see what happens.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I wouldn't just start throwing parts at it yet. You can check the door switches, first. The wire should show 12v, then spark a little when you ground it, turning the lights on. It sounds like there's a disconnect in the dash between the door switches, courtesy lights, and headlight switch. I don't think there is a plug, but there could be...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Angel88olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2018
Ever get it fixed?
I’m thinking it’s the dimmer switch but that’s the only function that’s not working properly so for now I’ll let it be I just have to turn them on manually so until it becomes necessary it will stay untouched

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
96663E2F-BA61-4BB2-9F8D-9881E3E415DC.jpeg
I’m thinking it’s the dimmer switch but that’s the only function that’s not working properly so for now I’ll let it be I just have to turn them on manually so until it becomes necessary it will stay untouched
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor