Not open for further replies.


Apr 14, 2020
Hi all,

I’m in the middle of restoring an 88 SS, and I’m looking to replace the part of the trunk that the lid closes in front of. I’ve heard people call it the rear body panel or the taillight panel. I’ll attach a picture, but I also want to replace the metal lip that is under the trunk‘s weather seal. There are a few Regals at a junkyard near me, but I‘m not sure if the trunk area is the same on both cars. I assume they arent, as the Buick‘s taillights are horizontal. I’ve checked with both Dixie Resto and Mike’s Monte’s, but they unfortunately do not make reproductions of the area. If anyone here can point me in the right direction, that’d be great. Thanks.


  • 4A7950E8-FD73-42AC-8530-DC9C824BCBE8.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 66
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor