9/11 - been 15 years already

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I still remember sitting at my desk hearing the chatter about the first plane. I had Stern playing in the background while working on the paperwork for the days shipments but paying more attention to Sterns commentary than work. When the second plane hit it was obvious to everyone what was happening. Shortly thereafter they closed the YYZ airport to freight and the internet kept freezing up. I called the JFK office in Queens and was told they all went home. I cleared my desk, told my boss I was going home to be with my family and left some 11's in the parking lot on my way out. Driving across the 401 by Pearson YYZ Airport heading for home I remember the sight of all the planes lined up on the runway. Nobody allowed on or off the planes, nothing taking off or landing just a couple fighter jets in the air. For Canada's busiest airport to fall silent was eerie.
I didn't come back to work for 2 days. I honestly wondered if the world was going to end and why we decided to even have kids in this day and age.
Still deeply saddened and angered to this day. Both for the lives lost and the first responders difficulties since. I spent those next 48 hrs ready for anything. Wife and I trying to be cheerful for the kids then sitting up at night just holding our baby son and wondering what the hell was happening to the world we live in while watching the news.
I thank my lucky stars that the little baby boy is a strapping young man today ! He is living in a world where he is excited about demo-derbys, monster jam, cars, girls and his cell phone / internet life. Very thankful that it all didn't come crumbling down around us.
The stories that came out over the next few weeks after 9/11 were heart warming. It was like all of North America became its own little neighborhood. Everyone reaching out, and willing to help one another ( I miss that ).
Anyways its been playing in the background of all that I do all week.... its not been forgotten. Be sure to thank a vet for all the sacrifices they have made in trying to right the wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor