9 inch first pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
tech17-ja01illa.jpg
thanks for the reply
thanks for the reply turna. been looking at about a million of those gear patterns. i'll be trying some of them to get the best pattern.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
Ring gear needs to go towards the pinion, loosen the rh lock 1/2 turn tighten the lh lock a half turn and re pattern
thanks for the reply. that adjustment will affect my backlash which is at .008 right now. i will be using that adjustment and pinion spacer adjustments to try to get it in spec. i started with .020 pinion shim and .008 bl as a starting point. pontiacgp's video looks to be one of the best ways of adjustments i have seen so far. i've only done about 3 diff. builds in my lifetime so far and i would like to get this one right. i'm getting a little too old to be going back in there and redoing everything again. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor