9 Years and $13,000 later, I still have NOTHING to show for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
only advice i can give someone is put your car on the road instantly and use it as you fix it no matter how it looks or runs !!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Similar happened to me. I hadn't given any money and he hadn't done anything with the car except take the nose off. The shop was closed by the police due to some fishy dealing, lucky for me the police called me the day prior and told me I had two hrs to pick up my car. They traced my car since it had my plates on it! I got there in time with other customers and were allowed upon proof of ownership and insurance to tow my car out. The owner of the shop had skipped and at time never found. The shop is still boarded up in Killeen TX.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
I can’t wait for part two. Sorry to hear about your situation, especially since it’s other people who are not holding up to their word. Sad to say it happens often. I have experienced this before also so I feel for you. Honestly though you have a great foundation with what is done so far.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
only advice i can give someone is put your car on the road instantly and use it as you fix it no matter how it looks or runs !!
Can agree with that, I've bought small cheap engines to put in my SS just to drive it so it didn't sit while I was building the big engines to go in eventually.

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
I keep mine drive able if at all possible while getting work done. It's easy to lose motivation when it's sitting. I've had mine for 29 years and know from experience. I'll do everything I can from now on to be able to take it out for a drive no matter what it looks like as long as it's safe.

Reactions: 5 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I agree with what others here have said. I know that this situation has you down, and I hope you're able to find someone reliable to get the car fixed up for you. For whatever its worth, if you're shopping for a hobby type vehicle, try to find something that has decent body and paint, even if you have to spend more in the beginning. Of all of the different aspects of fixing up and rejuvenating a vehicle, body and paint work are usually the most time consuming and most expensive things to do, and generally allow for the biggest risk of ending up in a situation like the one you're in now. For the most part (most of the time anyway), mechanical repairs, while not always cheap, can be done more quickly, as compared to body and paint, and the shorter time for mechanical repairs will keep you out in your car enjoying it. Like I said, I hope you can find a solution to your situation.

• Agree

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
FWIW, you might also get more suggestions and feedback on the situation if you took the time to write up what happened with some pics, instead of a boobtube video link.

I know there's others like myself that just ignore the video link posts, and, never watch them anywhere for any reason. Even news sites, when it tries to play a video instead of an article? Nope, skip, close, seek info elsewhere.

Sounds like you had a raw deal of some sort which is too bad.

Reactions: 3 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
i think maybe this site should have a section where people say what area they live in and other members that want to help would maybe meet at a shop where you can rent a lift for a day and help the individual out. the object is to help the G body community and get more of them back on the road. its just an idea with some flaws but what if it could work !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor