90&93 chevy 4x4 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
Re: 90 chevy 4x4

so about a week after i bought this truck, a buddy calls me wanting to sell me his truck. its a 93 extended cab 4x4. the extended cab part is pretty rusted out, like most are around here. but otherwise its a pretty solid truck. he was having trouble starting it about a year ago because the battery cables were corroded to hell. he never really drove it much anyway so it just sat for the last year. since then, he also lost the keys to it. so i put a new ignition lock, battery cables and a battery in it and it fired right up. its got 332k miles but runs good. got a clanking noise coming from the rearend or driveshaft when driving, he swears it didnt do that when it was parked. so now im torn on whether to fix this one or the stepside. ive always liked the stepside bed but with an extended cab i can still fit a couple kids in the truck. so im thinking of taking the two trucks and making one. slap the stepside bed on this truck and i can always sell the 90 to someone that just needs a beater truck or pull the drivetrain as a spare, part the body and scrap whats left. picked this one up for $600 and paid $700 for the 90.

IMG_20120520_164019.jpg

oh and he made me take all the junk in the bed too, since he now doesnt have a truck to haul it off with. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor