90 degree elbow for oil pressure sender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Farrell

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 4, 2016
Carleton Place, Ontario
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get the 90 degree elbow that goes in to the top of the manifold just behind the distributor. to feed the oil pressure light in my 87. mine was leaking oil everywhere and when I tried to remove it of course it snapped off in the block. so it wont be reusable.

went to our local Chevrolet dealer and the part has been discontinued.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
can't you use the opening just above the oil filter for the sender? That is where they are located at factory.

Michael Farrell

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 4, 2016
Carleton Place, Ontario
according to my service manual its located LH Rear Of Engine, Left Of Distributor from what I can see underneath the car I have no opening above the oil filter. I just ordered some fittings from a plumbing supplier in hopes that I can make them work.

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get the 90 degree elbow that goes in to the top of the manifold just behind the distributor. to feed the oil pressure light in my 87. mine was leaking oil everywhere and when I tried to remove it of course it snapped off in the block. so it wont be reusable.

went to our local Chevrolet dealer and the part has been discontinued.
I bought one a few years back from the parts place in Chicago

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
I've never been able to find one other than the junk yard. I've tried to piece together brass fittings at the parts store with no luck. I reused the one from my olds 307 into my sbc with much trial and error getting it to clear the manifold and not leak.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I never seen a 90' deg elbow from the factory. Oil pressure sender for the choke / idiot light sensor is mounted behind the distributor ( 2 prongs on top ). And the oil pressure sender ( gauges ) in the hole over the oil filter ( single prong ). I have seen people that have exhaust / shifter clearance issues with the sender over the oil filter. So they will tend to tee off the one behind the distributor with cheap brass fittings. But with the intake and distributor in the way its kinda hard to mount them correctly. And the brass is just weak making it prone to breaking. Using a braided line like below ( they can be had cheaper ) you can mount the sender remotely. I have seen people with clearance issues remote the oil pressure gauge to the firewall or inner fender using the threaded line.

https://www.amsperformance.com/cart/AMS-Remote-Oil-Pressure-Sending-Unit-Line.html

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I pretty used the same setup as 350-G posted the link to using a 45 deg. fitting...only using hardware store fittings. So far, so good. I plan to change that out for the -6 AN braided hose with 1/8"NPT fitting to the block.
Prior to that, I used a T-fitting...one side for oil pressure capillary tube, the other side for warning light.

My 350 block does not have a provision for an oil pressure switch above the oil filter.

Michael Farrell

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 4, 2016
Carleton Place, Ontario
found a fittings place here in Ontario part number's below ive ordered 2 of everything just to have a spare:
100-B 1/4 90 elbow ($2.00)
113-A11/2 1/8 long nipple ($1.00)
110-BA bushing 1/8 to 1/4 ($1.00)

thanks for everyone's input

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor