96 c1500 (not really a project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Here is this months deal of the day. I found a 2 owner 96 chevy short bed rust free AZ truck. It has got the 305 v8 and 5 sp manual trans. 104k original miles. Really clean inside and out and never molested. It doesn't need anything other than driven and enjoyed as is. Nice clean versions of these are getting hard to find around here. I lucked into this one.

full

full

full

• Winner
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Don't find many trucks like that with a 5 spd in them. Nowadays, that's what's referred to as an anti-theft device. LOL Only a select few of us left that would prefer a manual to an auto.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Nice, that thing looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor! I had a '96 K1500 with a 5.7/auto. Those trucks are really comfortable. You should have the Vortec being a '96, right?

I now have another 90s truck with a 5.0L and a 5 speed but I lost the Bowtie badge for a Blue Oval :mrgreen:

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Is that what they look like without rust?
I know really weird. That truck should be fun and get good mileage for a truck. The 5L Vortec is very rare.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Changing the cats to a Magnaflow kit, shorty headers and an air intake really adds some power and MPGs to those trucks. Thats what I did to 2 of that era.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor