98-04 Blazer 2wd Dual Piston Brakes for our G Bodys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldo617

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2013
Does anyone lnow the part bumbers for the front spindles, hubs, backing plates, calipers, caliper brackers, pads and rotors ??? I am looking for GM Part numbers

I plan on comnverting my front brakes to the 98-04 S10 blazer 2wd front dual piston brakes ASAP.

...sadly i blew rhe engine and transmission in my 442. I am now focused on my 85 Olds cutlass supreme brougham.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

Westbank of NOLA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2014
New Orleans
Hey. Is there a difference between the 2-door and 4-door blazers for this swap? I have a few parts yards around, but they only have the 4-door rwd blazers.

Reactions: 1 user

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Yes there is a difference between the 2wd and 4wd setups.

If you want part numbers go to rockauto and start clicking

Westbank of NOLA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2014
New Orleans
The pair I picked up came off a 2002 4-Door blazer that was a 2 wheel drive. First time I ever took the spindles out of a car. It was hell, and took me almost 3 hour to get the first one off. I might have taken off every nut or screw that was connected to the frame. Then I got pissed and took a pry bar to the A-frame and it popped right out. Once i seen that, it took about 30 minutes to get the other side off.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
autonaut said:
Yes there is a difference between the 2wd and 4wd setups.

If you want part numbers go to rockauto and start clicking

In the application menu, select 1998 through 2002, chevrolet, blazer, then brake/wheel/hub. I hope you kept the calipers or at least the brake abutments and bolts that connect the calipers to the spindles, plus the three hub bolts and the shims under the hubs. Rotors, calipers, brake hoses, pads, and hub/bearing assemblies are all listed there. You have options for economy, standard, or performance. Expect to sink 400-800 into all these parts. The hubs are 80-200 each. Decide if you need the spiffy cross-drilled rotors now or buy them again later.

Westbank of NOLA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2014
New Orleans
When I pulled the spindles, I kept everything that was attached to them. So, after I clean them up i should only need new pads and a rotor.

Attachments

• 20141115_134253.jpg
    20141115_134253.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 887

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Anyone know for sure if this swap will fit with a 15x8 chevy rally wheel? Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor