A/C BLEND DOOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murfthesurf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2017
HI guy,s it,s mike.I cannot get my ac to blow out of the vents. Air only comes out of the defrost vents and floor vents.last year i took off my dashboard and my blend door was vacuum shut.I had to really pull hard to get it open.Now it has happend again.i checked the vacuum lines,the round dial switch on the control.i hoping i don't have to pull the dash again.if so i will replace the blend door.Thank,s guy,s Mike

rwloos45

n00b
Jun 7, 2014
I'm having same issue [85 Cutlass Supreme Brougham]. Mechanic says the vacuum controller on mine has a weak vacuum and can't open blend door until controller has built up enough vac to open it. Ordering new controller now.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey guys, what happened to posting an introduction to the site? o_O
You all seem to jump on when you need a problem solved and need answers.

Reactions: 1 user

Murfthesurf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2017
Hey guys, what happened to posting an introduction to the site? o_O
You all seem to jump on when you need a problem solved and need answers.
Hi,Longroof79, i hope your doing well this Saturday june 23. I'm M it's been awhile since I've been on. Sorry for the none introduction my bad.Sorry so silly of me.i hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
IMG_0524.JPG

Murfthesurf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2017
I'm having same issue [85 Cutlass Supreme Brougham]. Mechanic says the vacuum controller on mine has a weak vacuum and can't open blend door until controller has built up enough vac to open it. Ordering new controller now.
Hi I'm Mike thanks for the info,im going to try that before I pull my dash off.Here,sa couple of pic of my 1987 regal
20160904_152614.jpg
20160904_152614.jpg
20160831_181931.jpg

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

The rotary vacuum controllers all fail the same way: the plastic snap rivet that holds the two haves together breaks one or both tabs:

20180616_100654.jpg

An 1/2 inch long 8-32 screw and nylock nut can replace the rivet.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hi,Longroof79, i hope your doing well this Saturday june 23. I'm M it's been awhile since I've been on. Sorry for the none introduction my bad.Sorry so silly of me.i hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. View attachment 90983
Welcome aboard, Mike!
Thanks for the introduction. I didn't mean to come off like a storm trooper, just that we get a lot of first time posters that ask for info and are never to be heard from again.
Nice Regal. by the way. thanks for sharing the pics. ..and a good day to you sir.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The rotary vacuum controllers all fail the same way: the plastic snap rivet that holds the two haves together breaks one or both tabs:

View attachment 90990

An 1/2 inch long 8-32 screw and nylock nut can replace the rivet.
That's a great tip. I guess we don't need to go nuts looking for a replacement if it can be remedied that easily. Thanks again for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor