A/C Condenser ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
For a Chevy V8 Monte it has to have the lines on the driver side unless the OP's willing to make some custom hose setup. According to the original picture, it appears that is the case. No regal or Cutlass body one will work unless it was a Chevy V8 car. Cutlass V6 and Olds V8 and V6 Montes shared the same part number condenser. V8 Chevy did not.
Good to know. Thanks.

ygtank6135

n00b
Jun 21, 2022
Hello All,
Anyone with suggestions of where to find an a/c condenser that is an exact fit/match
to the original (AC Delco?) unit for a '79 Monte Carlo ?

Although REACH claims to make them, their part #7-3232 is not a match to the GM unit
pictured (darker unit w/tubing exposed).
The main parts distributors on the web do not show one as pictured either.

...any advice, please ! Thank You !

View attachment 200717
Where did you find the one to the left??

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
I have a "new" mounted but never connected, like the one in the right side of your picture. I can let it go if you're interested. I'm in the process of trying to find "Cutlass" style one(passenger side connections).

Mincom79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2022
I have a "new" mounted but never connected, like the one in the right side of your picture. I can let it go if you're interested. I'm in the process of trying to find "Cutlass" style one(passenger side connections).
Thanks, I may be very interested. Would you please reply with a couple of pictures and how much you're asking ?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
In my Regal I went with the Cutlass condenser set up and just made brackets and hoses to fit the compressor to the SBC that I installed, I never really liked the compressor being on the driver's side of the SBC cars.
20220612_184924 (1).jpg

Reactions: 3 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
I have an original v8 ac condenser if interested. $75+s/h. Located in Michigan. Pm me. Will be gone till Tuesday on Vaca.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Thanks, I may be very interested. Would you please reply with a couple of pictures and how much you're asking ?
I’ll take some pics tomorrow. I send it to you just cover the shipping cost. I should be able to get a box at work.
I found Spectra makes a cutlass style and they are available so I’m just going to pic one of those up.

Mincom79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2022
I’ll take some pics tomorrow. I send it to you just cover the shipping cost. I should be able to get a box at work.
I found Spectra makes a cutlass style and they are available so I’m just going to pic one of those up.
Hello. PLEASE...not ready to buy or ship yet. Just forward me pictures and how much you are asking for the condenser. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor