A/C control panel wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
I'm wiring in a/c into my pcm and I'm trying to figure out which wire to use from the heater control panel as the a/c signal wire for the pcm to activate the compressor?

Please help!

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Typically, GM used one side of the clutch cycling switch to send the A/C request signal.

This is for an LT engine, but should give you some direction

http://www.goldsswagon.com/diagrams/impala_manual_ac.pdf

You could also just let the car's control head run the compressor, it has been written that the pcm will recognize the load and compensate for it.

Reactions: 1 user

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
I thought that I read somewhere that I could use the wire off the low pressure sensor that does to the drier from the car but I'm not sure about that.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
That's the wire illustrated in the diagram, CCS is on the drier/accumulator.

The G body has a lt grn wire to it, and the dark green runs to the compressor. If you don't want to let the HVAC control head run the compressor, you will run the request wire from the drk green ccs terminal to the pcm, then add a wire to the compressor from the pcm A/C "on" output to the compressor clutch.

Seems like the long way around to me. Maybe the pcm cuts the compressor on WOT? That would be the only advantage I can see from all the extra wiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Colors really mean nothing other than as a means to trace the circuit

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Ok with that being said, if I turn on the a/c from the dash would I be looking for a ground or 12v from that connector going to the drier so I will know which wire to use to go to the pcm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor