A/C & heater control vacuum line info

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
It works. You are replacing the plastic rivet. I used a self tapper....
Maybe w/a self tapping screw. When I tried, the self tapper didn't seem to 'bite' into enough w/o binding it's ability to move/rotate. I could back-off on the tension but then it didn't feel secure.

In that pic, the hardware shown (machine screw & nut) will prevent the vacuum bulkhead from seating. The bulkhead is what keeps all of the individual lines in place & the hardware would be right in the middle of the plug where it needs to seat in place 100% for a good seal.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I used one of these
1589293316296.png

1589294348592.png

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo442

n00b
Jan 3, 2017
Just wanted to bring the s back to the top and thank those that offered help and diagrams. I actually used this post today to fix the AC in my 46k mile Cutlass. It had a bad relay that only allowed high fan operation, a broken cable pivot arm and 2 vacuum lines that had wiggled loose. All fixed and blowing cold now. Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor