A/C & heater control vacuum line info

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
I've just gotten done doing all this too. I changed all terminal ends in connectors. added dilectric grease
to all connections. New blower, relay, resistor and switch inside. still no high speed. But thanks to all the great responses
i will now go double check the red wire to see if it is a good connection at starter. Thanks to all who help us figure things
out. Now to see if i should trade my 76' 250 6 cyl for a 350 2 bolt short block 86-94.... decisions decisions

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The wire goes to the blower relay correct?
from the starter to the relay from what I remember. its direct battery power, full 12v. If it's at the relay, follow it. if not, find it at the starter. if not, maybe someone can show ya a pic of theirs. my car was a V6, so i think it'd be different.

Roddarius

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2011
Louisiana
from the starter to the relay from what I remember. its direct battery power, full 12v. If it's at the relay, follow it. if not, find it at the starter. if not, maybe someone can show ya a pic of theirs. my car was a V6, so i think it'd be different.

Thank so much

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
I set mine up today, you MUST have vacuum from the engine going to the gray and purple lines. Use a T setup and tie the lines together. You should get air from vents.

Attachments

• 15B47D16-BA4E-48EC-A73D-A3CBEC8D808B.jpeg
    15B47D16-BA4E-48EC-A73D-A3CBEC8D808B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 458
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Finally, found this thread again. Was looking for that vacuum selector switch.
For future refference, here's the AC DELCO part number for it: 15-71389. Advance Auto #: 36694 Napa: TEM207709

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Finally, found this thread again. Was looking for that vacuum selector switch.
For future refference, here's the AC DELCO part number for it: 15-71389. Advance Auto #: 36694 Napa: TEM207709
Good detective work. However, be advised, there are some folks on ebay selling them in bulk at around $50-60 or so WITHOUT a box/baggie (while claiming they're original Delco parts), which is typical price of an actual Delco part. GM retail is $123.60. But you can buy a 36694 at Advance for around $29. NAPA price is $25.49.

I can't imagine these being manufactured by more than one or two places, so it's very possible they could be the exact same part. Not sure. If they are essentially the same part from the same manufacturer that makes all of them, great prices at NAPA to be sure. But if they're not...buyer beware. Just saying.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Thanks for this thread... I can hear mine leaking, and its stuck on Defrost. Took out the radio and looked at this while it was out. I put my finger on it and yeah, you can hear the hissing change when I move my finger around the vacuum selector switch.. Sounds to me like the vaccum selector switch is bad. Got one on the way from Napa.. $27.

Can't wait!!

-Gonz

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
One of our fellow members (UNGN) suggested using a small nut and bolt thru where the selector lever is attached. Apparently it tightens up the connection which helps eliminate, or decreases vacuum loss.
I thought that was a useful tip.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor