A/C line routing and pressure cutoff switch location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I threw out my old accumulator and pretty sure I threw out the old pressure switch. Can I run temporarily without one? I also need a pic of the line routing. Mine is is the compressor off a 94 1/2 ton, one of it's ine and the other off the 94. I put in a new adjustable orfice tube, blew out the lines and replaced all the o rings.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
There is a single connection on the back of the compressor as well as the clutch connection and a switch in the line off the compressor. I assume that is the pressure cut off switch but I need a connector to fit it. Also the clutch connection has two whit wires. Need to see which is power and ground.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Check rockauto or Amazon for a pigtail.
That is my plan. It looks like the little extra two pin connector in the compressor is a pressure cutout. Thinking high according to common sense and the RA description but the next says low pressure cut out. The other on in the line has no description at all. I may just buy the G body one and install it in the accumulator for simplicity. I still need to find the green and black wire in the harness. The wiring is a chopped up, melted nightmare in this car. I sure would like the A/C to actually turn on with the controls instead of a toggle switch.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Okay so I found there is 12 volts with the A/C on at the light green wire. There is a black wire and black with a white stripe at the A/C cycling switch connector. I ordered a new cycling switch through the local CT. I have the black with white on the ground side of the A/C clutch. I think, I am thinking right on the wiring.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Light green is AC call from the controls inside- goes to low pressure, first, then, to idle up solenoid. Dark green will come from low pressure and go to high pressure, then onto the compressor. The other side of the compressor clutch just needs ground. Make sure the diode is installed on the compressor feed wire.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I will have see about the diode. The wiring was melted at the relay, eliminating it. There is only the one cycling switch that I see in the system. I found my old one but I am replacing it. I assume the high side is that connector in the line near the compressor? There is also a high pressure cut off in the compressor. I need connectors for both. Unless I get a connector, not sure where the dark green wire would go on the high side. My understanding is the cycling switch should equalize pressure in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor