A/C Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
Hello,
Can I see what everyone has done for a/c lines on your LS swaps?

Thanks, David

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
No pics yet because I haven't run lines but mine is really custom using Restomod Air setup

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
What compressor do you have? That makes a big difference, location & type of mount, O ring face seal or threaded.

On mine-
Stock hardline on the high pressure side between the core support and orifice tube.

New soft lines with a Sanden compressor on a home made low-mount bracket that's similar to the Alan Grove Components design (only did because I run the blower off the AC drive, truck accessories). It's all 4 seasons fittings you can get off rock auto along with hose. I crimped my own lines with the Mastercool tool.

4 seasons makes an adapter to go from GM face seal to threaded fitting. Unless you are going to TIG the OEM style face seal flange to a threaded fitting OR find a GM application with the aluminum tube bent in the right spot and you can find a shop to crimp onto them it's going to be hard to use a GM compressor, but it's done and works. You just have to run the GM ECU to control the variable displacement stuff on the newer compressors.

1653495786097.png

Reactions: 1 users

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
What compressor do you have? That makes a big difference, location & type of mount, O ring face seal or threaded.

On mine-
Stock hardline on the high pressure side between the core support and orifice tube.

New soft lines with a Sanden compressor on a home made low-mount bracket that's similar to the Alan Grove Components design (only did because I run the blower off the AC drive, truck accessories). It's all 4 seasons fittings you can get off rock auto along with hose. I crimped my own lines with the Mastercool tool.

4 seasons makes an adapter to go from GM face seal to threaded fitting. Unless you are going to TIG the OEM style face seal flange to a threaded fitting OR find a GM application with the aluminum tube bent in the right spot and you can find a shop to crimp onto them it's going to be hard to use a GM compressor, but it's done and works. You just have to run the GM ECU to control the variable displacement stuff on the newer compressors.

View attachment 199270
This is my compressor. I believe it is called a V5

Attachments

• AB0F27BA-6402-42DC-8880-997AAB272110.png
    AB0F27BA-6402-42DC-8880-997AAB272110.png
    861.8 KB · Views: 82

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'd assume LSSimple offers a PN for the o-ring face seal to threaded fitting adapter plate.

Something like this, no idea if it's actually right

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
Yes sir…..straight out the back. I would like to use the PTFE hose. I used that on my 78 TA and it worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor