A/C questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

craignunez

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2016
South Florida
I need a little help. Is there anything that controls the rpms on the carburetor? Before I took it off to try a different (carburetor,)when I turned the a/c on it would dump up the rpms?? 350 good wrench crate motor elderbrock 1405 manual choke or is it vacuum that control the rpms?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I need a little help. Is there anything that controls the rpms on the carburetor? Before I took it off to try a different (carburetor,)when I turned the a/c on it would dump up the rpms?? 350 good wrench crate motor elderbrock 1405 manual choke or is it vacuum that control the rpms?
Here's what you need. It's called an idle up solenoid. This one is by Edelbrock, specifically for their carbs. Damn is it pricey!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00062YCWY/?tag=gbody-20{creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583932699458873&psc=1

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
holy cow that's expensive,that's the same universal solenoid that I'm running on my Holley.it's from Holley and it's cheaper than that.if i was in your shoes I'd pick up https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-46-74 and make my own bracket using one of the Holley(also cheaper)brackets as something to start with.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I think that Summit one is even a little steep. I used one off a parts carb Q-Jet that was laying around and made a bracket to work with the Edelbrock carb on my ....ahem.... non-G Body. The drop base on the air cleaner housing all but hides the entire thing. It cost me nothing but an afternoon in the shop which there is no place I'd rather be anyway.

pic 13.JPG

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor