A/C vent operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I have a 1980 Malibu Classic with A/C that I just got. Preliminary testing has showed that the A/C does in fact work, but I can't seem to get flow out of the dash vents. I get it out of the defroster window vent and out the floor vent. Heat seems to be the same. What can I do to che

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Apparently some of it got cut off.

I have a 1980 Malibu Classic with A/C that I just got. Preliminary testing has showed that the A/C does in fact work, but I can't seem to get flow out of the dash vents. I get it out of the defroster window vent and out the floor vent. Heat seems to be the same. What can I do to check this? Is there a damper door that I can find?

Jimmy

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2016
Gulfport, MS
It is most likely a vacuum line problem. Either with the selector switch on the controls or coming from the vacuum ball itself. I don't have the drawings with me but if you search no air out of vents on here it has been covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor