A crappy task

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Been wondering, are the rod holes in the pedal & Z bar oval from years of use? Mine are & I've been thinking of having them drilled to have a bushing kinda like the shifter bushings installed to to ease the wear issues.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
But nowadays there are radar set ups everywhere telling you "Speed limit 25mph and your speed is...." so I will go find one.
Go for the High Score!!!!!!
Or, if you have one of those fancy handheld computer smartphone things, you can get a GPS speedo app.....

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
No all I have is a stupid phone. Pagrunt- no they are in good condition. They must be harder metal because the pin ends on the rods are what seems to wear out fast. That is another advantage to using the Speed Direct kit. A bolt goes in the hole and wear is not a factor anymore. I figure when you add up the cost of all the upper and lower rods I have bought over the years the cost of the kit would have been less in the long run. I saw a guy do as you said- drill out the holes and made bronze bushings. I guess the bushings in a Hurst Pit Pack would be good for that. Much easier to replace them than the rods.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
UPDATE: I went on the highway and I think my speedo is spot on. I chose the purple 17 tooth driven gear for the 205-70-15 tires I use in the Summertime. But since I have some 225-75-15 snow tires on now they would register wrong. So I went back to the Wallace Racing site calculators and popped in the specs for these tires and I should be getting 60mph @ 2000rpm. That is exactly what I see so the operation was a success!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I got a GPS Speedometer/Trip Calculator app on my phone that's pretty accurate. My speedo is accurate to within .5mph, or whatever half a needle width is.

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
So, you didn't get a score on the digital readout?
I can't use that yet since the snow tires are too big. I calibrated it for the Summer tires. I will say this though, after not knowing my speed for many years, it looks like I have been going a LOT faster than I thought. Luckily no tickets!

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
It's amazing sometimes how many steps back and forward one must go for one net step forward. Actually, I think you got three there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor