A few pics of my HURST/OLDS clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
nice car, i'm doing a similar build 87 cutlass with olds 455..would like to know did you have the graphic painted on are did you go with a 442 graphic kit. what size wheels are you running? i like the stands,what did you do to get it at that height. i'm planning on going with a set of Hurst gold dazzler rims and cooper 255/60/15 tires in the rear. not sure if they will be to wide. i like the raised letter tires. not sure what size i'll run on the front yet .the car has air shock in the rear, adjustable shocks in front. also if you have a part number or the web site for the core support braces i sure would love to have it. just wish i could fine posi without paying a small fortune or doing a lots mod's, can't fine anything in Wis.

1550821867258.png

Reactions: 1 users

Cutlass400hp1986

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2019
Oaks, Pennsylvania
nice car, i'm doing a similar build 87 cutlass with olds 455..would like to know did you have the graphic painted on are did you go with a 442 graphic kit. what size wheels are you running? i like the stands,what did you do to get it at that height. i'm planning on going with a set of Hurst gold dazzler rims and cooper 255/60/15 tires in the rear. not sure if they will be to wide. i like the raised letter tires. not sure what size i'll run on the front yet .the car has air shock in the rear, adjustable shocks in front. also if you have a part number or the web site for the core support braces i sure would love to have it. just wish i could fine posi without paying a small fortune or doing a lots mod's, can't fine anything in Wis.

View attachment 106723

Hi, thanks for the compliments, the graphics believe it or not I made myself through a online decal place called decal zone, the red is all straight roll of pinstripe tape. I did it all myself, since it’s not a real Hurst/Olds, I made it slightly different to my liking and for cheap! I did that back in 2002 when it got painted.
The wheels are 18x8 front 18x9 rear. Core support brackets and the rear seat frame supports are from a Grand National place( can’t remember who since I did those in aprox 2004)

johnkoemm

n00b
Apr 30, 2019
Very nice stance on the cutlass, what is the manufacture of the wheels on the car. I have a 83 Hurst that I was looking to put wheels on and these seem to fit the car perfectly.

Cutlass400hp1986

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2019
Oaks, Pennsylvania
Did you do any mods to rear frame to fit a 18x9 wheel under car? Thanks
Nope, fits nicely without modifications, I have a Grand National 8.5” rear but it’s the same width as a stock rear so your fine, I don’t think I can put any wider of a tire on it though without it rubbing...it’s close but zero rubbing on acceleration or even pulling it sideways.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor