A good battery deal at Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I needed a battery to move my '68 Firebird project around. I pull the plugs and use the starter with the manual trans in gear to crawl in and out of the garage. That is tough on batteries so a deep cycle is what you want. I had been using the Sears deep cycle from my Whaler but it is on duty right now on the water. I got a great deal last year from Sears for like $75 so I shopped for another. No deals going on and now the Sears was twice what I paid last time. The only deep cycle battery even close was at Advance Auto. An AutoCraft which I never heard of. But they had a $20 off deal and I had $5 in Speed Perks so that's $25 bucks off an $87 battery. I could live with that. Then when I get to the store they have a Sears Die Hard marine deep cycle battery waiting for me- same one I got at Sears last year. Final cost was $67- even cheaper than Sears last time. I am still scratching my head over this one but I'm not complaining!

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The Craftsman brand has repaved the tool department at Lowes. Clashes with their logo and the former store brand, Kobalt tools, are now on the 'get it out of here' end caps. Enjoy your Craftsman deal, I truly hope it outlasts Sears itself.

Last edited:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The Craftsman brand has repaved the tool department at Lowes. Clashes with their logo and the former store brand, Kobalt tools, are now on the 'get it out of here' end caps. Enjoy you Craftsman deal, I truly hope it outlasts Sears itself.
I noticed this when the local Lowes started to phase in Craftsman. Now there is next to nothing with Kobalt except cordless tools. Some of the B&D Craftsman stuff was Kobalt stuff but now in red.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor