A little help please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Hello all
I’m sitting here tipping a couple Caesars with a friend of mine and she asked me what it would cost to do wheel bearings on her Buick rendezvous
I said I dunno .. couple few hundred maybe ?
She said “what !! Someone told me thousands “.
Lol I have no idea .
But I bet you guys have a pretty good idea , I told her you guys would know
So … anybody have any idea ?

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Anyone ? Lol .. we’re switching to Appleton’s and I have an extra glass if you bring some ice 😉

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Hope you and your friend enjoyed your evening!

Wheel bearing replacement involves lots of labor time. You pretty much take apart the whole suspension. Good time to check ball joints and tie rods. Your taking them all loose to get the wheel bearing out. Sometimes it helps to take the strut assembly out as well.

Quick look on rockauto lists wheel bearings from $30 - $90 roughly.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Hope you and your friend enjoyed your evening!

Wheel bearing replacement involves lots of labor time. You pretty much take apart the whole suspension. Good time to check ball joints and tie rods. Your taking them all loose to get the wheel bearing out. Sometimes it helps to take the strut assembly out as well.

Quick look on rockauto lists wheel bearings from $30 - $90 roughly.
Don't forget about certain vehicles need a specific torque setting or they'll eat themselves.

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
I did a wheel bearing for a friend a few weekends ago. 4 bolts held in this bearing assembly with one axle nut. I had the job done with her help in about 2 hours total. But as others have said, we did not have any other parts that needed replaced.

She had a shop quote her 2,400 to do the work. Had an ABS light on as well. The bearing was out enough that the ABS sensor was not reading.

If you are good with tools and know how to replace the wheel bearing, it can be done for under 200 in most cases. As others have said, if more parts need replaced, time and budget go up from there.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Thanks you guys , I’ll let her know
the evening went well but now I just want to bury my head under a pillow lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor