A parts wish list thread for the aftermarket to repop

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
After reading the thread about the Monte quarter window rubber seals maybe it's time to try a list of repop ideas that could/should be made for our cars. In the past 5-10 years the catalog of parts have improved but to be honest we all don't have '69 Camaros, Tri-Five Chevy's, first gen Mustangs or even '70 Chevelles so we still have a limited about of new parts out there. I know the Grand Prix guys would be just asking for anything specific for them. But since GBF has a relationship with Dixie Restoration Depot & mikesmontes we could post some of these requests here in this thread that might help with what they might be able to help to get to the market or even find parts thart are for older A cars or other models that we can use. I understand cost could affect some parts being made like the wagon interior plastic or low production odd parts but certain parts we would like could be a perfect fist in the production cost numbers. So here I'll start it.

Quarter window seals for '81 up Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Cutlass coupes, Regal coupes
Astro roof weather strip that fits like factory
Wagon interior plastic
Chevy column shifter knob
Non-A/C heater box gasket
Base Malibu header panel lay down emblem for '80-'81
GMC Carbalaero badges
Actual '81,'83-'84 code 77 Dark Maple interior parts/fabrics
T50 shifter boot, trim, hump that could also be used on aftermarket 5 speed conversion
Firewall body mount section
Grill for a '81 Monte Carlo

Reactions: 4 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Mikesmontes or DixieResto should see about making the 4 bumper trim pieces for non-SS Monte Carlos. GbodyParts used to make them but they’ve mysteriously disappeared from their site.....

And the vertical rear bumper trim for Monte Carlos.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The biggest problem right now is that most of the repops are done in China. Which means lazy people here in the States, say "Oh, let's make this gasket. We'll send the sample to China, they'll reverse engineer it because they're good at stealing stuff anyway, so we'll go with them cuz they're cheap." China dudes look at it and says, ok, we got this. Needs to be 7 - 3/8" long, but we'll make it 7- 1/2". Close enough. Send it. And they do. And now the market is flooded with wrong size sh*t that has to be modified to work.

That's been the case with a lot of Chinesium over the years, and some of these unscrupulous azz hats that keep sending business over there to make a quick buck obviously doesn't give a flip about whether it fits.

So...short story long....after the check clears, the vendors are stuck with a lot of substandard crap that they peddle anyway because they can't admit they suck at getting parts accurately repro'ed out of Chinesium.

Prove me wrong. Please.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Rubber bumper strips, 1/4 window seals, grills, headlight surrounds for 78-80 Grand Prix

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
1980 Malibu grilles. We could probably find a market for at least 5. Two are mine....

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Malibu 5-spoke rims in 17-18-19 inch. Needs to snap in the stock pentagonal hub cover with the red emblem. I'm good for two sets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor