A PILLAR POD HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadenk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2016
South Dakota
has anyone bought the A pillar pod for the gbody? if so how did you get them to fit? I just got mine and went to test fit it and it is wide compared to the factory a pillar trim.. if anyone has any advice or tips let me know

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I bought the full 3 gauge pillar pod it was basically a flimsy piece of crap that was missing the outer edge that you can see from outside the car, I ended up using a 2 gauge pod and mounting it to my existing pillar and sent the other one back.
I think the 2 gauge I have is from Autometer.

Jadenk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2016
South Dakota
I bought the full 3 gauge pillar pod it was basically a flimsy piece of crap that was missing the outer edge that you can see from outside the car, I ended up using a 2 gauge pod and mounting it to my existing pillar and sent the other one back.
I think the 2 gauge I have is from Autometer.

I have the 3 gauge one and yes it's missing the piece that wraps around the edge

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 902

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
A few years back, I bought the 2 gauge pod from Autometer and molded it to the "A" pillar. However, when I reworked the car, I removed the "A" pillar pod, cut it up, and made the 2-gauge dash mounted pod.

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor